Who Am I? Lisa Bell
What are My Design Skills?
Design: typography; seeing good design;
Problem-Solving: When given direct parameters, I feel like I can come to a strong creative solution. One thing I need to always be aware of is not getting too literal in design.
Computer: working towards becoming certified and/or proficient in all Adobe software.
Other: I have been a creative director for a scrapbook company. I know how to recognize good design, but working towards being good at creating it.
What Are My Career Interests?
Design Field: I would love to design fabric someday. I don’t feel I am ready for that yet, and would like to try advertising, and craft design for now.
Industry: I have some “in’s” in the scrapbook world, but would like to focus on that as a last resort. I would LOVE to work with typography or textiles.
What Are My Lifestyle Wants & Needs?
Personal/Family: graduate before my children; enter the work force with as little disruption to my autistic son as possible.
Economic: make money for play and vacation.
Location: must remain local until after June 2012 when my son graduates High School.
What Are My Workstyle Wants & Needs?
Employer: I want to work for a company with values and integrity. Preferably a small company where I can get 1 on 1 on the job training.
Position/Responsibilities: jr. designer where if needed can work from home .
Career Objectives & Goals Summary: must add the least amount of stress on my autistic son as possible, with that in mind, I want to move into the design community slowly so I can watch him and still meet his needs. For now I want to continue working for Mi Studio as a jr. designer where I have learned a ton about software and hope to work into a partnership and/or bring in my own work.